Legs are an important part of our body, it supports us and takes us places. Losing a limb can be a traumatic experience that changes the way someone lives their life. Impacting the lives of the disabled, as well as the lives of their loved ones.
In our country, this type of disability has become a rising social issue. Various factors leading to it:
- Born without legs & Hands.
- Amputation of legs & Hands due to the war.
- Amputation of legs & Hands by accident.
- Amputation of legs due to diabetes.
- Amputation of legs & Hands due to cancers.
- Amputation of legs & Hands due to natural disasters.
With the ending of the war we have arrived at a turning point in our country. A time to work together towards developing and regaining our beautiful country. It is an opportunity to work together as one nation of Sri Lankans to extend a helping hand to a fallen brother, to help a fellow countryman unable to stand alone, to see someone get back on their feet.
A national program called “Footprints for Brotherhood” was founded and funded through your generous donations.
Objective of the “Footprints of Brotherhood Foundation”.
Main objective of the foundation is to donate limbs for poor disabled people who cannot afford to buy an artificial limb. In order to achieve these objectives we undertake following activities.
- Establish linkage between well-wishers and those who desperately need a limb but cannot afford to buy a one.
- Produce a tailor made limb to meet requirement match the disability of the recipient
- Training of recipient (In-house/Residential) to use the artificial limb
- Organize donation ceremony with the consent of the donor and the recipient.
Further information on “Footprints of Brotherhood Foundation”.
Head office of the “Footprints of Brotherhood Foundation” is situated at Nagoda, Kalutara while we have sub office in Jaffna. Many disables that are in need of artificial limbs have been registered with us. Those who are registered include, War heroes and civilians belonging to , Sinahala, Tamil and Muslim communities. Many Sri Lankan well-wishers have extended their helping hand to this virtuous this effort by contributing generously.
Mother Foundation Kalutara
Footprints Of Brotherhood Foundation
No. 510 ,
Fullerton Industrial Zone,
Tele: +94 34 228 9986/ +94 34 228 9983
Fax: +94 34 228 9893
Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
Tele : +94 212 216 863 / +94 77 297 5488